Colorful Chicken Stir-fry with Sweet Potatoes and Hoisin
2 Tbsp Roasted Sesame oil divided
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1/4 ” strips
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 Large Purple Onion peeled and cut
1 Turnip peeled and cut into ribbons
1 Carrot peeled and cut into ribbons
1 TBSP fresh ginger minced
3 Cloves Garlic, passed through garlic press
4-5 cups Red Cabbage slices
3 TBSP Hoisin Sauce
4 TBSP sesame seeds toasted
4 Scallions cut on the diagonal chopped
1. Heat 1 TBSP oil over medium-high heat. Stir fry chicken strips until cooked.
2. Add more oil if necessary and stir-fry potatoes, onion, turnip and carrot until tender-crisp. Add ginger and garlic. Cook two minutes more.
3. Add red cabbage and stir-fry until soft, adding more oil if needed.
4. Add hoisin sauce and reduce heat. Toss to coat.
5. Divide mixture among four heated serving bowls and serve over cooked brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
Calories 246 | Calories from fat 73 | Protein 28g | Carbs 13g | Total Fat 8g | Saturated Fat 1g | Trans Fat 0g| Fiber 2g | Sodium 112mg | Cholesterol 69mg | Sugar 3g