We know that leading an active lifestyle on a busy schedule can leave you feeling overwhelmed and under-dressed. Under-dressed? Yes, all that rushing around can lead to being inappropriately dressed (or should we say covered up). Having the right items on hand is key to ensuring that your workouts are not put on the back burner and your modesty is kept in check. While a sexy sports bra or strapless bandeau and short shorts may be perfectly acceptable to wear during your hot yoga class, it’s simply not acceptable to wear to the grocery store or YIKES your child’s school! Cover-ups are a MUST to save time, your reputation and your sanity when working out on the go.
Kristen, owner of Palm Beach Athletic Wear has put together 5 of her favorite key active-wear “must-haves” to keep in your car or gym bag in the event that an unexpected errand or appointment pops up. Best of all, each of these fitness favorites can be dressed up and worn as everyday essentials, to easily transition into your day or night wardrobe.
1. The Ambition Reversible Top: This top is loose fitting and can be worn 2 ways. It’s perfect to have on hand to throw over your tight or skimpy workout clothes so that you can make a few stops without feeling over-exposed. This top has an adjustable cinching cord down the center and can be worn in front or back.
2. The Scoop Back Tank: If you practice hot yoga and like to wear your sports bra or bandeau during those hot classes or workouts this is a fantastic option. Wear this top into class and remove when the heat cranks up. Throw it back on afterwards to keep your modesty in check. Available in 5 color choices this loose fitting tank features an open back and soft material that drapes nicely on the body. This top can also be worn over your swimsuit, as an everyday top and is easy to dress up for a night out.
3. The Lace Top: This black, loose fitting tee can be worn on or off the shoulder and has a pretty feminine lace panel across the upper back. Throw this top over your active-wear tank, yoga top or sports bra. When worn on both shoulders the neckline becomes a draped cowl neck. Wear off one or both shoulders for a sexier, layered look.
4. The Gypsy Pant: We love these loose legged pants for everyday wear but did you know that you can slip them right over your yoga shorts or tight fitting capri pants or leggings? Yes you can and nobody has to know! The waistband can be rolled down for a low rise fit or worn up for tummy control.
5. The Pareo: These adorable “booty covers” are great, especially when you have to stop in the grocery store and all you have on are your super tight cycling pants or leggings. Simply tie around your waist and your booty is covered up. It’s a cute alternative to tying your bulky sweater or jacket around your waist.
Check out PalmBeachAthleticWear.com for more cover-up options and fashionable fitness wear or stop in our NEW retail boutique located in Jupiter, Florida at 1444 Cades Bay Avenue next to Roger Dean Stadium, home of the Miami Marlins!